A Typical Day in the Job
You will be required to help in the delivery of our exciting range of holidays – from taking young families to meet Santa in his hideaway log cabin, to set off on a snowmobile voyage down a frozen river. Using your creative and organisational skills and your sense of fun, you will work in a team to ensure holidaymakers’ dreams come true. With a meticulous nature, you will keep a keen eye on the detail which will ensure that the magic of Lapland is maintained at all times.
Tasks may include guiding airport transfers, presenting welcome meetings, generating sales of excursions, children’s entertainment such as arts & crafts and children’s disco. You will act as a valuable source of information for guests and provide them with any information required regarding their itinerary or excursions. Creating a welcoming and festive atmosphere at all airport and excursion transfers is essential to this role.
You will work closely with both the local and UK based offices to perform administrative duties related to your role and to plan activities, as well as prepare for coach transfers. You will ensure that families have the best experience possible and enjoy hassle-free transfers to and from the airport and activities.
Who are we looking for?
– Previous experience in a customer service role.
– Experience in working with families and children.
– Proven track record in meeting deadlines and delivering a high standard of work.
– Team-player, with ability to build and maintain strong, trusting, working relationships.
– Proven ability to speak in front of large groups of people.
– Keen problem-solving skills and a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
– A keen eye for detail.
– Exceptional customer service experience and complaint handling skills.
– Positive, pro-active and enthusiastic manner.
– Supportive and able to enthuse others whilst maintaining a professional image.
– UK Passport.
– UK National Insurance Number.
About Transun Travel
Transun is a specialist tour operator that has been operating for over three decades. During this time, we have built up heaps of experience at designing and delivering holidays for our loyal clients.
We have a passionate, hard-working overseas team who strive to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and enhance the guest experience. All team members have an unwavering enthusiasm and a commitment to delivering the product with a positive outlook and proactive approach. As our overseas locations are approximately 280 km north of the Arctic Circle, conditions can be quite harsh and temperatures can reach as low as -40°C, as well as there being little natural light during the winter. Stamina and a good level of physical fitness are therefore needed in addition to an infectious positive attitude. Despite these factors, working in Lapland is exceptionally enjoyable and rewarding and is sure to be an experience that you’ll never forget.
We are currently recruiting for positions within our overseas team for Winter 2022/23; if you feel you are the right person, we would be delighted to hear from you.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Shared accommodation.
- Staff meals.
- Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as snowmobiling and husky sledding.
- Flights arranged and reimbursed.