To be employed in this role you must have held a HGV Class 1 Licence for at least six months, and have no more than six points on your licence.
About the Role
Our driving team has an important front-line role in maintaining our success and reputation, because without our daily store deliveries we wouldn’t be able to fill our shelves with ‘extra special’ products for our customers. This role is of course about safe driving, but it’s also about delivering excellent customer service to our stores!
You’ll be responsible for
- Carrying out driver checks before you start the engine.
- Carrying out at least two runs over each 24 hour shift, often to different stores.
- Helping with loading and unloading your vehicle and any other work that needs carrying out – including cleaning your vehicle and trailer.
- Carrying out deliveries in the most efficient way possible – we’ll provide a dedicated training team that supports this.
- Delivering on time, but always safely, making sure our reputation for excellence includes driving!
Excellent service calls for high personal standards amongst the whole team. You’ll be a careful and considerate driver who’s willing to go the extra mile both on and off the roads. You’ll be naturally friendly, helpful and smart in appearance and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
Alongside a competitive salary, you’ll get lots of other great benefits too, including 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, the opportunity to become a shareholder as part of our Sharesave scheme, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
Apply today by completing an online application…