November 2019 – March 2020
As a member of the housekeeping team you will, play a key role in the hotel’s daily turnaround. You will also work on a daily basis to ensure rooms are cleaned and kept to the high standards expected. Work will also include duties in the laundry to ensure efficient turnaround of linen and general cleaning responsibilities in public hotel spaces.
You will work closely with the Front of House team to ensure any requests from guests are met as efficiently as possible. You will also liaise with guests on a daily basis and deal with any questions or queries they may have.
• Ensuring all hotel rooms are cleaned daily according to checklist.
• Cleaning all customer facing areas thoroughly.
• Cleaning and maintaining cleanliness of common areas in resort.
• Cleaning staff accommodation and common areas.
• Removing rubbish at the end of each day in compliance with the Waste Management Policy.
• Preparation of linen, towels, table cloths and uniform.
• Providing assistance for laundry transportation.
• Ensuring all stock levels are communicated to management.
• Ensuring all health and safety policies are adhered to and documentation completed as required.
• Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience in a similar hospitality role.
• Fluency in spoken English.
• Proven ability to produce a high standard of work.
• Respect for guests’ privacy.
• EU Passport.
• Previous experience working in laundry.
• Previous experience of working in a seasonal resort.
About Davvi Arctic
One of the leading inbound tour operators in Lapland, Davvi Arctic provides clients with a range of thrilling activities and quality accommodation, all set deep within the Arctic Circle. Winter activities range from snowmobiling, husky sledding and Northern Lights safaris, as well as memorable family meetings with Santa Claus in his homeland.
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
The Davvi Arctic team is enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking. We have a hands-on approach and are passionate about delivering high quality customer experiences. All our job roles are challenging but rewarding and require a high level of flexibility and team spirit. A “can do attitude” is essential, and so is a willingness to step into other roles as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
Working in the Arctic requires physical fitness, passion and above all commitment. The remote environment and the intensity of the client programme are not for the faint hearted but it offers staff an opportunity like no other. If you have what it takes to be part of the Davvi Arctic team, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation.
- Staff meals.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
- Holiday leave entitlement.
- Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as, snowmobiling & husky sledding.
- Airport transfers to/from resort