November 2019 – March 2020
As a member of the Food and Beverage team you will, take drink orders and serve food and beverages to guests at tables in the busy hotel restaurants., check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. You will clear tables as efficiently as possible to ensure fast turnaround. You will also work on the bars to provide a range of drinks and snacks to our customers.
You will work closely with the Kitchen team to ensure that the buffet is fully stocked at all times and products are not running low. As well as ensuring all health & safety and food hygiene policies are adhered to at all times.
- Showing guests to tables during breakfast, lunch & dinner service.
- Delivering drinks both hot & cold to company standards.
- Taking drinks orders.
- Providing an efficient, courteous and professional table service.
- Preparing tables pre / post service.
- Ensuring all service areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked.
- Assist in managing line stock, cleaning materials and equipment.
- Promote drinks offers and optional excursions.
- Completion of food temperatures and other health & safety documents.
- Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a hospitality role.
- Fluency in English, both written & spoken.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Keen problem solving skills and a proven ability to thrive in a fast paced working environment.
- EU Passport.
- Previous experience working behind a bar.
- Previous experience of working in a seasonal resort.
- Food hygiene certificate.
About Davvi Arctic
One of the leading inbound tour operators in Lapland, Davvi Arctic provides clients with a range of thrilling activities and quality accommodation, all set deep within the Arctic Circle. Winter activities range from snowmobiling, husky sledding and Northern Lights safaris, as well as memorable family meetings with Santa Claus in his homeland.
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
The Davvi Arctic team is enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking. We have a hands-on approach and are passionate about delivering high quality customer experiences. All our job roles are challenging but rewarding and require a high level of flexibility and team spirit. A “can do attitude” is essential, and so is a willingness to step into other roles as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
Working in the Arctic requires physical fitness, passion and above all commitment. The remote environment and the intensity of the client programme are not for the faint hearted but it offers staff an opportunity like no other. If you have what it takes to be part of the Davvi Arctic team, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation.
- Staff meals.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
- Holiday leave entitlement.
- Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as, snowmobiling & husky sledding.
- Airport transfers to/from resort