November 2019 – March 2020
As a member of the kitchen team you will, work in a busy hotel kitchen supporting the Head Chef to produce the best quality dishes and ensure that all equipment is regularly cleaned and kept in good condition. Our kitchen team has to work well together to meet the demands of a busy shift.
You will be required to produce hot and cold food in accordance with menu requirements, presentation principles, food safety and hygiene standards. You will ensure that breakfast; lunches and evening meals are produced to a high standard for all guests and also other colleagues. This will be achieved by working closely with the Food and Beverage team to ensure guest satisfaction is of up most importance at all times.
- Ensuring all menu items are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification.
- Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Receiving and checking food deliveries.
- Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team.
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly.
- Ensuring high standards are maintained throughout the kitchen.
- Removing waste from kitchen areas and depositing in the correct waste disposal units.
- Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
- Proven relevant kitchen experience.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Creativity and the ability to cook food from scratch using fresh and frozen ingredients.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and work to own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Hands-on approach.
- A determination to work to the highest possible standards, delivering the client’s requirements at all times.
- The ability to work within a team.
- Food innovation and keeping up-to-date with current food trends.
- EU Passport.
About Davvi Arctic
One of the leading inbound tour operators in Lapland, Davvi Arctic provides clients with a range of thrilling activities and quality accommodation, all set deep within the Arctic Circle. Winter activities range from snowmobiling, husky sledding and Northern Lights safaris, as well as memorable family meetings with Santa Claus in his homeland.
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
The Davvi Arctic team is enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking. We have a hands-on approach and are passionate about delivering high quality customer experiences. All our job roles are challenging but rewarding and require a high level of flexibility and team spirit. A “can do attitude” is essential, and so is a willingness to step into other roles as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the programmes.
Working in the Arctic requires physical fitness, passion and above all commitment. The remote environment and the intensity of the client programme are not for the faint hearted but it offers staff an opportunity like no other. If you have what it takes to be part of the Davvi Arctic team, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation.
- Staff meals.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
- Holiday leave entitlement.
- Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as, snowmobiling & husky sledding.
- Airport transfers to/from resort