We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Perth as a Relief Duty Manager.
The purpose of this post is to support the Student Residence Manager and provide relief management cover at our Perth Youth Hostel based within Perth College Campus.
The main responsibility of this post:
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service, hygiene, health and safety during specific shift hours at Student Residence Halls
- Duties will include providing reception service, point of contact for emergency and in the event to take appropriate action during Student Residence Manager’s absence
- Working closely with college personnel to provide assistance in matters such as student welfare and support
The post holder will also be responsible for cleaning and janitorial duties as directed by the Student Residence Manager
Suitable candidates will have:
- Customer service experience in the hospitality, tourism or other service industries working at supervisory level
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Confident communication/ interpersonal skills
- Ability to access and escalate conflict situations as required
- Good IT Literacy
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at work
- Ability to work unsupervised and at night
- A job holder must be able to work night shifts, and on weekends and public holidays
- It is not essential, but applications will be considered favourably from candidates who have a good knowledge or experience working in a similar role within the hospitality and tourism industry
- Being able to access the work place within 30 minutes in order to respond to emergency call outs would be an advantage
The role is primarily based at night time, working however it may involve undertaking day shift when Student Residence Manager is off-duty
About Hostelling Scotland:
Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us regarding the outcome of this position within two weeks of applying you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Hostelling Scotland (also known as Scottish Youth Hostels Association) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.
About Hostelling Scotland
Hostelling Scotland is a not-for-profit charity with over 60 youth and affiliate hostels. Since 1931, we have welcomed visitors from all over the world, providing affordable, welcoming accommodation in some of the best locations across Scotland. We pride ourselves on exceptional service, offering expert local knowledge and a warm welcome to all those with an adventurous spirit and who wish to experience the real Scotland.
We remain true to our ethos and are proud of our charitable objectives, with people and communities at the heart of our organisation. Our charitable youth programmes enable young people to develop their skills for life, learning and work.