Job Title: Face to Face Fundraiser
Job purpose: To recruit new members to support Surfers Against Sewage with a regular monthly donation
Reports to: Face to Face Fundraising Coordinator
Salary: Guaranteed competitive hourly rate + commission
Hours: 3-5 days a week. Regular hours will be 9am to 5pm with 1 hour break for lunch. There will be the need to work outside of these hours at evenings & weekends as required by the role.
Contract: 10 weeks (starts 25th June 2018)
Probationary period: 4 weeks
Location: You will be based outside at events, festivals and beaches mostly in Cornwall.
Surfers Against Sewage are looking for a team of 4 outgoing and energetic Face to Face Fundraisers to join our team over the summer to recruit new members to support our campaigns for the protection of our oceans, waves and beaches, and spread awareness about the issue of plastic pollution in our marine environment.
This opportunity would suit somebody who is enthusiastic and confident in approaching and talking to people and who would like to spend their summer outside at events, festivals and at beaches fundraising for a unique environmental charity. An excellent verbal communicator, you’ll be having inspiring conversations about SAS campaigns and giving people the opportunity to become regular supporters.
You’ll be part of a small team of 5 and receive full training for the role, so no experience is necessary. We are simply looking for the right personality for the job!
- Approach individuals at summer events, festivals and beach locations to have inspiring conversations about SAS campaigns and encourage individuals to join as members and pledge a regular monthly direct debit donation
- Organise mini beach cleans and family beach activities during the day
- Ensure membership sign up forms are fully and accurately completed
- Be flexible with your working hours and available to work over the summer holidays from the end of June to mid-September, including weekends and overnight stays at events or in other parts of the country
- Represent Surfers Against Sewage in a professional manner to all people you come across when on duty
- Provide timely and relevant feedback about locations and from members of the public to the Fundraising Manager
- On location, liaise with the event organiser or beach owner to ensure SAS are well represented
- Comply with the Data Protection Act; including the keeping of records securely to protect the confidentiality of any information disclosed, retaining no records of any new members or donors after submitting the forms to the SAS office & after confirmation of receipt has been received
- You will need access to your own transport to be able to get to various locations around Cornwall and Devon
- Fill out weekly timesheets, be responsible for tracking your own sign ups, call backs and reporting to your manager
- Adopt a positive approach to personal and professional development; engaging in one to one meetings and relevant training.
- To be aware of, and act on, relevant health and safety responsibilities as an employee of SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE and adhere to these wherever you are working.
- To maintain confidentiality in all areas of work at SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested by your line manager or any other member of the SURFERS AGAINST SEWAGE team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Confidence to approach and build rapport with members of the public
- Great attention to detail and administrative skills
- Self –motivated
- Well organised
- A full driving licence
- Access to a vehicle to get to and from work
- Experience in a similar role or of a low pressure sales role
- An interest in marine conservation
- A knowledge of the work of Surfers Against Sewage
The closing date for applications is Monday 14th May 2018.
Interviews will be during the week commencing 28th May 2018.
Roles commence Monday 25th June 2018 for 10 weeks.
Surfers Against Sewage values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.