Lodge Services & Events Supervisor (Maternity Cover; 30 hours per week)
We are currently recruiting for a Lodge Services & Events Supervisor to work at the Big Cat Sanctuary from August 2019 – September 2020 (with possible extension and handover period).
Overseeing the daily operation of the Big Cat Sanctuary’s Luxury Lodges and making sure all guests have a positive 5* experience by helping to provide an upscale, professional and high-class personal service (to include FOH duties as required). To help market the Sanctuary to the public and to upsell the Services and Experiences offered.
An integral element of the role is to work closely and supportively with the Lodge Manager and BSC staff in all areas, ensuring the successful running of the Sanctuary at all times.
You should be pro-active, organised and able to respond to requests and enquiries in a professional, timely and friendly way. With strong administration and communication skills, you will be expected to work independently as well as in a close team setting, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and complete priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include:
- To work with the Lodge Manager, deputising for her in her absence, to ensure the provision of a 5* experience to all lodge guests
- To build good rapport with guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain highest standards
- Assist with the beverage and food operations for lodge guests
- Supervise the Housekeeping Team, ensuring Lodges are cleaned, serviced & presented at a 5* level
- Assist with the operation of the BCS bar, ensuring a high-quality service is offered at all times
- Provide exceptional customer service and accommodate clients who need extra assistance
- Help schedule and oversee maintenance and repairs in individual lodges and common areas
- Work with inspectors to ensure the BCS facility meets all requirements
- Help provide and source additional extras for ‘in room’ lodge sales
- Provide cover for FOH, when required
- Monitor customer feedback and online reviews and suggest ways to improve ratings accordingly
- Liaise and coordinate Guest Experiences with the Kitchen and Keepers
- Work with the Marketing & Media team to ensure optimum sales & lodge occupancy (special offers, Secret Escapes etc)
- Coordinate both internal and external Big Cat Sanctuary events, ensuring an efficient and professional service is delivered at all times
- Liaise with internal departments and external clients on requirement needs, pricing and logistics . This will include Corporate Events, Weddings, Adopter Days, Fund Raising Events and Member days
- Arranging food & beverages, furniture layout & decorations, organising technical equipment.
- Putting in place any additional staffing/cleaning required, planning for deliveries as required.
- Coordinating internal meetings and arranging set up and additional requirements
- Overseeing the event on the day
- Maintain a Events Diary and liaise with FOH to ensure Matrix is updated
- Liaise with Accounts to ensure invoices are raised and monies collected
- Other duties deemed necessary to support effective and efficient working on site, as required
Job Requirements (Essential)
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to exceed expectations at al times
- Experience coordinating & planning events (including fundraising events, members days, corporate events and weddings)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (especially Word and Excel)
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle (the Big Cat Sanctuary is not accessible by public transport)
- Occasional early and late working will be required to accommodate deadlines or special events
- We give statutory holiday entitlement
- Starting Salary £13,260 PA (to be reviewed after 6 months)
About Big Cat Sanctuary
The Big Cat Sanctuary’s four pillars of ethos are welfare, breeding, education and conservation of the world’s wild cats. We work in conjunction with the European Endangered Species Breeding Program with the aim to increase the generic diversity of cats with a view to ultimate reintroduction to the wild.
We have recently featured in @BBCTwo’s Big Cats About The House documentary with Giles Clark and Maya the Jaguar. Available on BBC Iplayer, look it up if you love big cats.
We are open by appointment only throughout the year for personal big cat experiences and one set of annual open days in July of each year.